The power generated at each facility is sold back to the member utilities at a wholesale rate of 6.8¢ kWh. This low rate has not changed in over 17 years!
6.8¢ covers more than just a kWh; it also covers planning, operation and maintenance that directly results in less diesel generation!
Planning, Operations and Maintenance:
- Power scheduling
- Interaction and coordination between communities and utilities to deliver bundled energy and power
- Annual inspection of the entire STI
- Outage response
- Project and records management
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee major maintenance of facilities and infrastructure
- Plan, coordinate, and manage key projects known as Renewal and Replacements (R&R) that ensure long-term reliability and availability of hydropower across SEAPA’s interconnected system
Visit our About Us page to learn more!